Process for participating in the GreenPoint Rated program:
- Builder contracts with the rater to verify project(s). A list of qualified Raters is available on the Build It Green website. Contractual terms and fee structure is solely between you and the rater to negotiate. Please be aware that Build It Green charges a small processing fee for each project submitted for certification. It will generally be in your interest to have the rater pay the processing fee and handle transactions with Build It Green on your behalf.
- Rater submits project planning score sheet to Build It Green. Build It Green has provided a reporting form and checklist to the rater. The processing fee should be paid at this time.
- Rater conducts verification.
The rater will generally engage in at least four
of the five following activities during the
course of project design and construction:
Plan check, Rough inspection, Final inspection, Supporting documentation review, Performance testing.
- Rater compiles documentation, calculates score, and submits final results to builder and to Build It Green for certification. Build It Green has provided a reporting form and checklist to the rater.
- Rater obtains completed certificate(s) from Build It Green. Be sure to specify up front whether the rater should provide certificate copies to anyone but you (e.g., lender, realtor, home owner, or public agency).
--> Learn more about the Rating process
--> Please review the GreenPoint Rated Builder Handbook for complete program information